CPENT – Certified Penetration Testing Professional
EC-Council’s Certified Penetration Tester (CPENT) program teaches you how to perform an effective penetration test in an enterprise network environment that must be attacked, exploited, evaded, and defended.
CPENT certification consists of 14 modules and tests the abilities of a penetration tester in almost all the vectors of cybersecurity, some of which have been introduced for the first time in any penetration certification.
Years of research indicate that the majority of Pen Testing candidates have gaps in their skills when it comes to multiple disciplines. The metrics also prove when the targets are not located on the same or a directly connected and reachable segment, very few can perform as well as they do when it is direct and on a flat network.
If you have only been working in flat networks, CPENT’s live practice range will teach you to take your skills to the next level by teaching you how to pen test IoT systems, OT systems, how to write your own exploits, build your own tools, conduct advanced binaries exploitation, double pivot to access hidden networks, and also customize scripts/exploits to get into the innermost segments of the network.
- Ethical Hackers
- Penetration Testers
- Network server administrators
- Firewall Administrators
- Security Testers
- Security Engineers
- System Administrators
- Security Analysts
- Risk Assessment professionals
- Information Security Consultants
Prerequisites to the course (recommended):
Extensive knowledge of penetration testing across multiple disciplines extending from windows, IoTs, inline defenses to automation, operational technology, and advanced skills in binary exploitation. The certification tests the knowledge of the tester not only on automated tools but manual testing skills as well.
- Advanced knowledge in Networking Protocols
- Knowledge in Kali or ParrotOS and common Penetration Testing Tools
- Knowledge in Exploiting Windows and Linux Hosts
- Knowledge in Privilege Escalation in Linux and Windows
- Knowledge in Wireless Penetration Testing
- Knowledge in Web Application Penetration Testing
The training topics and description:
- Module 01: Introduction to Penetration Testing and Methodologies
- Module 02: Penetration Testing Scoping and Engagement Methodology
- Module 03: Open Source Intelligence (OSINT) Methodology
- Module 04: Social Engineering Penetration Testing Methodology
- Module 05: Network Penetration Testing Methodology –External
- Module 06: Network Penetration Testing Methodology –Internal
- Module 07: Network Penetration Testing Methodology -Perimeter Devices
- Module 08: Web Application Penetration Testing Methodology
- Module 09: Wireless Penetration Testing Methodology
- Module 10: IoT Penetration Testing Methodology
- Module 11: OT/SCADA Penetration Testing Methodology
- Module 12: Cloud Penetration Testing Methodology
- Module 13: Binary Analysis and Exploitation
- Module 14: Report Writing and Post Testing Actions
- Appendix A: Penetration Testing Essential Concepts
- Appendix B: Fuzzing
- Appendix C: Mastering Metasploit Framework
- Appendix D: PowerShell Scripting
- Appendix E: Bash Environment and Scripting
- Appendix F: Python Environment and Scripting
- Appendix G: Perl Environment and Scripting
- Appendix H: Ruby Environment and Scripting
- Appendix I: Active Directory Pen Testing
- Appendix J: Database Penetration Testing Methodology
- Appendix K: Mobile Device Penetration Testing Methodology
As a result of the training participants will be able to:
- Accomplish Advanced Window Attacks
- Attack IoT Systems
- Write Exploits: Advanced Binaries Exploitation
- Bypass a Filtered Network
- Pentest Operational Technology (OT)
- Access Hidden Networks with Pivoting
- Accomplish Double Pivoting
- Perform Privilege Escalation
- Evade Defense Mechanisms
- Attack Automation with Scripts
- Build Your Armory: Weaponize Your Exploits
- Write Professional Reports
2 Certs, One Exam – CPENT & LPT Master
You have the potential to earn two certifications with one exam. If you score above 90% on the CPENT live range exam, not only will you earn the CPENT certification, but you will also earn the Licensed Penetration Tester (LPT) Master Credential!
- Choose your challenge! Either two 12-hour sessions or a single 24-hour exam!
- EC-Council specialists proctor the entire exam; cheating is not an option.
- Score at least 70% and become a CPENT.
- Score at least 90% and earn the highly regarded LPT (Master) designation!
The CPENT range consists of entire network segments that replicate an enterprise network — this is not a computer game simulation; this is an accurate representation of an enterprise network that will present the latest challenges to the pen tester. The benefit of hands-on learning in a live cyber range is that candidates will encounter multiple layers of network segmentation, and the CPENT course will teach candidates how to navigate these layers so that once access is gained in one segment, a candidate will know the latest pivoting techniques required to reach the next. However, that won’t be enough on its own as the targets and segments are progressive in nature, so once you get into one machine and or segment, the next one will challenge you even more.
What Makes The Certified Penetration Testing Professional (CPENT) Unique?
Advanced Windows Attacks / Attacking IOT Systems/ Writing Exploits: Advanced Binary Exploitation/ Bypassing a Filtered Network/ Pentesting Operational Technology (OT)/ Access Hidden Networks with Pivoting/ Double Pivoting/ Privilege Escalation/ Evading Defense Mechanisms/ Attack Automation with Scripts/ Weaponize Your Exploits/ Write Professional Reports/
Robert Petrunic was born in 1973 in Nagold, Germany, and has a Master’s degree in Computer Engineering.
He works as a senior security consultant in Eduron IS, a company dedicated to IT security education, penetration testing, and computer forensics. He also works as a lecturer in the most successful Croatian private college “Algebra – University College”, where he has designed several courses related to computer security and forensics.
Robert is Microsoft certified trainer since 2002, EC-Council certified trainer from 2008 and VMware certified trainer since 2012. He works mainly in the security field since 2004, and Microsoft acknowledged this in 2008 assigning him Microsoft’s most valuable professional recognition every year until 2017.
For the last 15 years, Robert is working on programs related to ethical hacking and IT security awareness for system administrators, developers, and IT security consultant. He also speaks at regional IT conferences.
Robert started to work in IT in 1996 and his learning curve was really steep from the beginning. Started as a computer technician, “cable guy” and a developer in one single person, which gave him an overview of the “big picture” early in the process. In early 2000 he decided to continue his career as a systems administrator and only a few years later security kicked in and “drag” Robert into this really difficult, but yet rewarding area. From 2008 he started to work mostly on security consulting and penetration testing, where he settled for a few years (2012-2014) in the best Croatian PT company Infigo. Today he is self-employed working as a trainer, security consultant, and penetration tester.
The training price also includes:
- study materials;
- a trainer’s consultation on the topics learned by e-mail after the training;
- exam voucher;
IT Koolitus on juhtiv info- ja kommunikatsioonitehnoloogia ning IT projektijuhtimise koolitusteenuse pakkuja Baltikumis. Loen koolitusfirma kohta veel...