Interactive Masterclass: Trading for a Living
Workshop & Live Day Trading with Dr. Alexander Elder, a professional trader and best-selling author
You have a unique opportunity to study in Estonia with one of the top teachers of trading worldwide – Dr. Alexander Elder! You are invited to participate in our brand new 2019 programme, specially designed to be more practical, interactive and educational than any other class in the region, filled with real-life examples. You will enhance your skills and discover important trading principles. You will learn not only how to become a successful and profitable trader, but also how to avoid becoming a losing trader. During his live class in Tallinn last year, Dr. Elder completed two trades in his own real money account, taking over USD 20,000 profit in front of the class. He successfully predicted the Brazilian election rally (the Brazilian stock market is up more than 25% since the class) and shared many other trading ideas which turned out to be very profitable.
96% of last year’s participants gave the workshop highest ranking possible, 10 points out of 10.
As Dr. Elder told us recently: “Of course no guarantee of live trading in 2019 – only if the market offers an opportunity – but the intention is there.”
The class will of course include the essential “4 M’s” for which Dr. Elder is famous:
- Mind: learn the best tool for developing discipline.
- Method: how to select indicators and trading systems.
- Money: set proper stops, targets, and manage trade sizing.
- Management: daily and weekly homework, scanning.
The latest feature of our course is an interactive self-test for every section. Only you will see and rate your results – while Dr. Elder reveals the correct answers and discusses them.
In our workshop on Sunday we will review current markets and identify promising trading vehicles. We will create trading plans, including entry levels, targets, and stops.
Our Monday class will begin an hour before the US stock market opens, allowing us to review the previous evening’s plans, as well as any overnight news and developments. We will look for daytrading opportunities across a wide range of markets: stocks, futures and currencies. We will focus on placing orders, monitoring trades, managing them, and exiting trades. We will explore opportunities as well as dangers in intraday timeframes.
The event is supported by Admiral Markets.
- Day 1
- Come to this workshop to learn proven analytic and trading methods as well as psychological skills which will help you to become a more consistent and successful trader. Invest a day in your education and development – and collect dividends for years afterward.
- Dr. Elder will teach you how to recognize market trends and turns, find where to enter trades, decide where to set stops and profit targets. You will learn to control risks and structure your market homework. Everything in this class will be illustrated using current market examples.
- Dr. Elder will analyze stocks, currencies, and futures to show you how to develop trade plans for the days and weeks ahead. You will learn to avoid typical mistakes and have a rare opportunity to receive answers to your important trading questions.
- Interactive Trading Masterclassis designed for both beginning and experienced traders. The programme is also suitable for all participants who attended last year. Dr. Elder constantly updates his classes and no two workshops are the same.
- Topics of the workshop
- Psychology: discipline is a key factor in your success or failure. Discover the best tool for developing discipline.
- Technical analysis: your charts reflect mass behavior. Learn to select a small number of indicators to track crowd behavior, follow trends and anticipate reversals.
- Risk control: how to manage risk for survival and success – in every single trade and in your account as a whole.
- Stops and trade sizing: you will receive a spreadsheet that will let you find logical answers to these two key questions in every trade.
- Profit targets: the power word in trading is “enough” – and you will find what is “enough” for any trade. Learn to protect profits and not to allow them to turn into losses by waiting too long.
- Day 2
- Live Day Trading
- A live screen is useful for swing traders as well as day-traders. Being able to analyze markets and make decisions in real-time can help you not only to daytrade but also find better entries and exits for swing trades.
- Before you begin daytrading it would make sense to prove to yourself that you can take money out of the markets in swing trades that last several days or weeks. Daytrading leaves you no time think – your actions must be almost automatic. If you stop to think, you are gone. Swing-trading offers you the luxury of time, which is especially important for beginners.
- This class is for traders with access to live screens during market hours. Live data can help you manage your swing trades as well as find daytrading opportunities. Caution: live data is very seductive, and may tempt unprepared people into impulsive actions. We will discuss the psychology of daytrading in our class.
- Live Day Trading
- 9:00-10:00 registration
- 10:00-11:15 workshop
- 11:15-11:30 Coffee break
- 11:30-12:45 workshop
- 12:45-13:30 Lunch
- 13:30-14:45 workshop
- 14:45-15:00 Coffee break
- 15:00-17.00 workshop
Dr. Elder grew up in Estonia and graduated from Tartu University. He escaped from a Soviet ship in Africa and received political asylum in the USA. Prior to becoming a private trader, he taught at Columbia University.
Dr. Elder’s books have established him as one of the most recognized teachers of traders in the world. In addition to a wealth of knowledge, he brings great personal warmth and teaching ability. Dr. Elder has spoken at conferences in Australia, Canada, Cyprus, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Japan, Russia, Singapore, Slovakia, UK, Ukraine, USA, and many other countries. He founded two firms: Elder.com (an educational company for traders) and SpikeTrade.com (an online group whose members compete for the best trades of the week).
Dr. Elder lives in Vermont, USA. He is multilingual but will deliver his presentation in English
Äripäeva Akadeemia korraldab kõrgel tasemel koolitusi, mis aitavad ettevõtlikel inimestel, juhtidel ja võtmetöötajatel olla oma igapäevatöös edukamad ja tõhusamad. Pakume nii pikemaajalisi kui ühe- ja kahepäevaseid koolitusi erinevates valdkondades, nagu juhtimine, eneseareng, suhtlemisoskused, müük, finantsjuhtimine, projektijuhtimine jm. Loen koolitusfirma kohta veel...