Upgrading Your Skills to MCSA: Windows Server 2016 (MOC#20743C)
This four-day, instructor-led course explains how to implement and configure new Windows Server 2016 features and functionality. This course is for information technology (IT) professionals who want to upgrade their technical skills from Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2012 to Windows Server 2016. This course presumes a high level of knowledge about previous Windows Server technologies and skills equivalent to the Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA): Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2012 credential.
This course is not a product-upgrade course, detailing considerations for migrating and upgrading students’ specific environment to Windows Server 2016. Rather, this course provides updates to students’ existing Windows Server knowledge and skills, as they pertain to Windows Server 2016.
This course is for IT professionals who are experienced Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2008 system administrators, with real-world experience working in a Windows Server 2008 R2 or Windows Server 2008 enterprise environment. Additionally, students should have obtained the MCSA credential for Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2012, or they should have equivalent knowledge.
Additionally, IT professionals who plan to take the Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) exams might be interested in this course, as preparation for the MCSA exams, which are a prerequisite for the MCSE specialties.
- Module 1: Installing and configuring Windows Server 2016. This module explains how to install and perform post-installation configuration of Windows Server 2016 servers.
- Module 2: Overview of storage in Windows Server 2016. This module explains how to configure storage in Windows Server 2016.
- Module 3: Implementing directory services. This module explains how to implement the Directory Services feature.
- Module 4: Implementing AD FS. This module explains how to implement an AD FS deployment.
- Module 5: Implementing network services. This module explains how to configure advanced features for Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) and configure IP Address
- Management (IPAM).
- Module 6: Implementing Hyper-V. This module explains how to install and configure Hyper-V virtual machines.
- Module 7: Configuring advanced networking features. This module explains how to implement an advanced networking infrastructure.
- Module 8: Implementing Software Defined Networking. This module explains how to implement software-defined networking.
- Module 9: Implementing remote access. This module explains how to configure connectivity for remote users by using the DirectAccess feature.
- Module 10: Deploying and managing Windows and Hyper-V containers. This module provides an overview of Windows Server 2016 containers. Additionally, it explains how to deploy, install, configure, and manage containers in Windows Server 2016.
- Module 11: Implementing failover clustering. This module explains how to implement failover clustering to provide high availability for network services and applications.
- Module 12: Implementing failover clustering with Windows Server 2016 Hyper-V. This module explains how to deploy and manage Hyper-V virtual machines in a failover cluster.
Allan Ild spetsialisti valdkonna lektor/konsultant/MCT
- Coffee breaks and lunch in restaurant “Lusikas”
- Free Microsoft certification exam within the period of 6 months after finishing the course
BCS Koolitus on Eesti juhtiv IKT valdkonna koolitus-, projektijuhtimis- ja konsultatsiooniettevõte. Loen koolitusfirma kohta veel...