Deploy and Manage Linux on Azure In development (MOC#55257A)
This four-day instructor-led course is intended for Microsoft professionals who are interested in deploying and managing an instance of Linux on Azure. In this course you’ll learn how to deploy and manage Linux in Azure environments.
Some topics covered include:
- Essential Linux System Administration
- Using containers including Docker and Moby, Azure Agent on Linux and Azure services
- A survey of Puppet, Ansible, CHef, Saltstack, Nagios, Zabbix
- Troubleshooting and monitoring
This course is designed for Microsoft professionals who want to learn enough about Linux to manage and deploy it in Azure cloud. It also targets Linux professionals who want get familiar with Azure and how to deploy and manage Linux in Azure environments.
- Module 1: Getting started with Azure
This module explains what Azure is, how to open an account, and deploy your first Linux instance.
- Getting started with Azure
- Linux Virtual Machines
- Linux & Open-Source Fundamentals
- Working With Shells
- Users, Groups and Permissions
- Software Management
- AD Integration
- Securing Linux with MAC
- Lab : Module 1 Labs
- Deploy an Ubuntu VM and install Azure client
- Create an Azure Linux instance from the Cloud Shell
- Install an SSH client
- Create users and groups
- Sudo, users and permissions
- Adding storage
- Networking and checking IP address
- Installing vsftpd
- Active Directory integration
- Configure MAC on your system
- After completing this module, students will be able to: Deploy a Virtual Machine and create an Azure Linux instance on it; Understand the fundamentals of Linux and Open Source Software; Understand and put into use the tools needed to run the Azure instance efficiently and securely
- Module 2: Containers
This module explains where containers come from, why they are useful, what components make up container technologies, and how different container technologies compare to each other.
- Why Containers
- Container Components
- Comparing Container Technologies
- Creating and Running Docker Containers
- Orchestrating Containers
- Docker Compose
- Docker Machine
- Docker VM-Extension
- Azure Container Services
- Working with Docker on Azure
- Lab : Module 2 Labs
- Install docker files
- After completing this module, students will be able to: Install and work with Docker on Azure
- Module 3: Deploy Linux on Azure
This module explores the many ways to deploy Linux on Azure.
- Understanding Deployment Options
- Azure Resource Manager
- Creating Virtual Machine Images
- Azure Virtual Machine Agent
- Azure Virtual Machine Extensions
- Azure Virtual Machine Extensions Using Docker Machine
- Lab : Module 3 Labs
- Use ARM to deploy a VM
- Verify the Azure VM Agent is running
- After completing this module, students will be able to: Use tools to build Virtual Machines in Azure
- Module 4: Automation & Orchestration
This module explains what “Dev Ops” is and become familiar with the tools used to automate development processes.
- DevOps and Automation
- Lab : Module 4 Labs
- Use Chef to generate a cookbook
- After completing this module, students will be able to: Install and configure common dev ops tools.
- Module 5: Monitoring and Troubleshooting
This module explains how to monitor your Azure instance and troubleshoot issues.
- Monitor and Troubleshoot – popular methods
- After completing this module, students will be able to: Access the trouble shooting section through Azure portal and diagnose/solve issues on the affected VM
Allan Ild spetsialisti valdkonna lektor/konsultant/MCT
- Coffee breaks and lunch in restaurant “Lusikas”
- Free Microsoft certification exam within the period of 6 months after finishing the course
BCS Koolitus on Eesti juhtiv IKT valdkonna koolitus-, projektijuhtimis- ja konsultatsiooniettevõte. Loen koolitusfirma kohta veel...