Specification by Example
This 2-days workshop teaches you how to apply specification by example to bridge the communication gap between stakeholders and implementation teams, build quality into software from the start, design, develop and deliver systems fit for purpose.
- business analysts
- product owners working Scrum or Kanban projects and based on Gojko Adzic’s books Specification by Example and Bridging the Communication Gap.
- Specification by example
- Behaviour driven development (BDD)
- Agile testing
- Agile requirements
- Impact mapping
Through facilitated exercises and discussion, you will learn:
- the key principles of specification by example, behaviour driven development, effect mapping
- how to create and maintain effective specifications and tests in agile and lean projects
- how to ensure a shared understanding of testers, developers, business analysts and stakeholders on future functionality
- how to extend specifications with examples to create a single source of truth for testing and development
- how to avoid functional gaps and inconsistencies in specifications and tests
- how to run specification workshops to facilitate collaboration
- best practices for designing specifications and automating them as testsø
- how to create a living documentation system to facilitate change and improve your process long–term
- how other teams, from small web startups to large distributed teams in investment banks, apply specification by example in their contexts
- how to apply this process in your project
Every participant will be given Gojko Adzic’s 2 popular books: 1
Specification by example (also called Acceptance-test driven development, ATDD) is a collaborative approach to defining requirements and business-oriented functional tests for software products based on capturing and illustrating requirements using realistic examples instead of abstract statements.
With specification by example, requirements and tests become one, expressed as concrete, realistic examples.
Learning methods: Practical exercise, independent work.
Assesment methods: Execution of independent work.
Assesment form: Independent practical tasks on relevant topics.
Gojko Adzic is a strategic software delivery consultant who works with ambitious teams to improve the quality of their software products and processes. He specialises in agile and lean quality improvement, in particular agile testing, specification by example and behaviour driven development. Gojko is the author of Specification by Example, Bridging the Communication Gap, Test Driven .NET Development with FitNesse and The Secret Ninja Cucumber Scrolls
BCS Koolitus on Eesti juhtiv IKT valdkonna koolitus-, projektijuhtimis- ja konsultatsiooniettevõte. Loen koolitusfirma kohta veel...