Programming for Beginners (Java/Python)
The course is intended primarily for those who don’t have previous or have low exposure to programming but would like to start more seriously with it. Everyone else who would like to take a look at the secret world of programmers and thereby understand the nuances of software creation is also welcome.
Goal is to provide a basic understanding of programming in Java or Python in order to continue programming studies, start as a junior developer or use basic programming skills in daily work (ordering software, managing products, or automating your routine).
- What is programming?
- Algorithm and algorithm presentation.
- Programming languages (specifically either Java or Python).
- What is development environment (IDE).
- First program “Hello World!”
- Programming basics
- Data and data types.
- Variables, assigning a value to a variable.
- Numerical variables, elementary operations and operators (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and division by residue).
- Input and output from the command line.
- Variables with text value (strings), their methods (Java) and common operations.
- Variables with boolean value.
- Conditional statements (multi-branch and multi-part conditional statements, conditional statement within conditional statement, logical operations and expressions).
- Conversions between data types.
- Sequences (Python), arrays and collections (Java).
- Two-dimensional sequence and matrix (Python).
- Creating an accidental situation, random number.
- Functions (Python) and methods (Java) (parameters and return values).
- Recursive functions.
- Summarizing programming basics
- Development process and development life cycle
- Object-oriented programming
- OOP paradigm, basic concepts class, object and instance, techniques inheritance and polymorphism.
- User interface and data exchange
- What is user interface?
- Reading and writing data from file (.csv, .txt).
- Reading data from web.
- Web applications
- Web frameworks (Flask).
- First web application “Hello World!”.
- Web page addresses and address parameters.
- Web page templates and presenting data on web page.
- Static resources (CSS).
- Web application deployment.
- Version management and code repository (Git)
- Exercises (~10 pcs)
- Each course participant will have personal access to the course materials on Google Drive and the sample code in the GitHub or GitLab environment. In each course there is also its own group in Slack to share operational information and help each other.
- Computer (Windows 10, Mac OS, Linux) on which the following software is installed or will be installed during the course: OpenJDK JDK 15 (Java), IntelliJ IDEA Community Edition (Java), Python 3.9 (Python) and IntelliJ PyCharm Community Edition (Python).
- Exercises (~10 pcs)
After completing the course, participant:
- understands the development process and life cycle and has an overview of different development methodologies;
- can read and present algorithms in a format which is understandable by programmers;
- knows programming tools and can write simpler programs in the chosen (Java, Python) programming language;
- is able to evaluate the capacity and complexity of programming work;
- is able to work with data by obtaining, processing and storing it, and it is possible to use this skill to automate his / her daily work routines.
Ringa on olnud tarkvaraarendaja (Python) üle 20 aasta ja koolitusi läbi viinud 5 aastat. Ta on põhiliselt kasutanud PL/SQL ja Pythoni keeli. Ringa viib koolis ning lasteaias läbi robootika- ja programmeerimisringe ning õpetab koolis robootikat ja programmeerimist.
Ringa has been a software developer (Python) over 20 years and has conducted trainings for 5 years. She has mainly used PL/SQL and Python languages. Ringa has a robotics and programming hobby club in the school and kindergarten. She also teaches robotics and programming at school.
Ülari on olnud tarkvaraarendaja (Java, Python) üle 20 aasta ja koolitusi läbi viinud üle 10 aasta. Ta valdab üheksat programmeerimiskeelt, millest oma põhitöös kasutab peamiselt Java, Pythoni ja C keelt. Ülari korraldab erinevaid robootika- ja programmeerimisteemalisi kursusi ja töötubasid nii lastele kui täiskasvanutele.
Ülari has been a software developer (Java, Python) over 20 years and has conducted trainings over 10 years. He is able to write programs in nine different languages, from which he mainly uses Java, Python and C for work. Ülari organises various courses and workshops on robotics and programming for both children and adults.
Juunika Koolitus OÜ. Täiskasvanute koolitusasutuse Juunika Õppekeskuse põhitegevusala on täiskasvanute koolitamine. Koolitustegevusega alustasime 1997. aastal Tartus. Täna korraldame koolitusi üle Eesti kõigis maakondades. Loen koolitusfirma kohta veel...